Skip to main content

Featured Post

Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park infographics: what's built/what's coming/what's missing, who's responsible, + project FAQ/timeline (pinned post)

LeBron James: Brooklyn "not my problem"

Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James knows that the New Jersey-to-Brooklyn-maybe Nets want to lure him when he becomes a free agent in 2010.

But Brooklyn is not weighing on him, as Newsday's Ken Berger reported last night:
"I don't know, man," LeBron said, when asked what's going on with the Nets' glacial move to Brooklyn. "I haven't been hands-on about what's the problem. I think we all saw the cutting of the ribbon, but that was the last time we've seen anything going on with the Nets moving to Brooklyn.

"I don't know if it's still in the works, but that's not my problem," he said. "I'm not invested in the team or anything, so I can sleep good at night."

Asked what his friend [Jay-Z] who is invested in the team thinks, LeBron said, "Um, I don't know. I haven't asked him. And even if we did talk about it, I couldn't tell you guys."


For the records, there have been Atlantic Yards announcements that may seem like the equivalent of a ribbon-cutting, but no ribbon has been cut.

Comments