Skip to main content

Featured Post

Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park infographics: what's built/what's coming/what's missing, who's responsible, + project FAQ/timeline (pinned post)

As residents post pictures of arena/construction impacts, developer's rep says to call her, but many are not aberrations but routine

I'll have multiple articles covering issues raised at the March 15 Atlantic Yards Community Development Corporation meeting.

At about 57:26 of the video below, Forest City Ratner Chief of Staff Ashley Cotton directed a comment to a few members of the public present who post regular images on Instagram pointing to seeming violations of construction protocols or local law.

“I’ve said this many times. I know people like to post images, and stuff like that, in real time," said Cotton, who also is contracted to represent the Barclays Center, now owned by Forest City's former partner Mikhail Prokhorov's Onexim. "If you call me or email me or tell [colleague] Roberta [Fearon] or [Empire State Development staffer] Nicole [Jordan] that a construction worker is sitting on my stoop, I can move a lot faster. So that’s my little public service announcement. I know I’m a broken record for four years on this one, if you chose to reach out to developer, I will do my best with that information."



Well, it is not impossible that contact with the state or developer can lead to results, but, given the lingering questions of their responsiveness, I can see why a separate record can be useful, especially since some incidents seem not exactly aberrations by outsiders but actively encouraged or engaged in by the project/arena.

And, as I've pointed out, there's no 24-hour hotline for a point person--calling Cotton, who also serves as the developer's lobbying point person, is something of a contradiction: her job is to make the developer achieve its goals.

A photo posted by NWBklyn (@nwbklyn) on














Comments